|Course||Enrollment||SCECHs (CEU's)||CNE (CE's)|
|Beginning ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Basic ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Intermediate ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Advanced ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
Lesson plans for Signing Online courses:
- Beginning ASL (ASL 101) – learn the basics of the language and simple conversations.
- Basic ASL (ASL 102) – based on what you learned in Beginning ASL, you will learn additional vocabulary, more and more advanced conversation.
- Intermediate ASL (ASL 103) – expanded learning enables you to express and comprehend more advanced signs and finger spelling
- Advanced ASL (ASL 104) – this course ties together all that you have learned and you will now have the knowledge to enhance your fluency and continue your learning in ASL.
Signing Online offers web-based courses, designed to effectively teach you American Sign Language (ASL) at your own pace from anywhere using your computer, tablet or smart phone. These courses focus on conversational ASL and use videos to demonstrate the visual nature of signing. The courses are perfect for anyone wanting to learn ASL.
Each course in the series is $75.00 for 6 months of access. There are a total of four courses (24 months access) in the series.
Please try our trial by clicking on "View Example Lesson" before you enroll in the class to check that the videos are working properly for your computer system.
To register and enroll click the green bar (above) that says "Enroll here" and follow the cart method of shopping…”add to cart” then click on ”your cart”. At checkout you will be asked for your credit card information, and once the payment is complete you will be sent an email to the address you gave in the registration that will give instructions for your password.
*Curriculum can be used for (click on) High School (and College) graduation requirements with permission from your school.
See additional curriculum materials available in "Instructor Support" tab.
*NEW* Instructor Support: Our Signing Online ASL teachers work with students to fulfill credit requirements as set out by your school or organization. Limited availability. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn (click on) Continuing Education credit hours for Educators (SCECH's) and Health Care Providers (CNE's). Please read all information concerning submission of applications and include your PIC number if you have one. Applications will be delayed or rejected if filled out incorrectly.
ASHA members: These courses may be used for your Certification Maintenance Hours (CMA). Please check with your association.
Who takes Signing Online?
Signing Online was created for people who wish to learn ASL but have little or no access to instructors or for those students who require curriculum for ASL classes. People who have taken the course include:
- New signers and those with a desire to explore another language
- Any Sign Communicators looking for a refresher on ASL grammar
- High school and college students with permission from their school
- Parents, Sunday School teachers, and people in service industries
- Those working with deaf and hard of hearing students
- Health care professionals emergency first responders, and law enforcement
What can I expect to learn?
Upon completion of all four courses you will know how to greet people, ask questions, describe things, tell stories, name things, express your feelings, and more. You will have learned hundreds of signs and know how to put them together to carry on meaningful conversations in ASL.
You will be tested to confirm your performance in each course and will receive a Signing Online certificate of completion at each level (excellent for any job application or resumé).
Please refer to the INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT tab for Expressive Assessment opportunities.
REFERENCES tab includes the Dictionary, Baby Signs, and lots more useful information!
Contact us at: email@example.com (Please include "Signing Online " in the subject box and user name for current students.)