Learning ASL Series
|Course||Enrollment||SCECHs (CEU's)||CNE (CE's)|
|Beginning ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Basic ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Intermediate ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Advanced ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
The four Signing Online courses are:
- Beginning ASL (ASL 101) – learn the basics of the language and simple conversations.
- Basic ASL (ASL 102) – based on what you learned in Beginning ASL, you will learn additional vocabulary, more and more advanced conversation.
- Intermediate ASL (ASL 103) – expanded learning enables you to express and comprehend more advanced signs and finger spelling
- Advanced ASL (ASL 104) – this course ties together all that you have learned and you will now have the knowledge to enhance your fluency and continue your learning in ASL.
Signing Online offers web-based courses, designed to effectively teach you American Sign Language (ASL) at your own pace from anywhere using your computer, tablet or smart phone. These courses focus on conversational ASL and use videos to demonstrate the visual nature of signing. The courses are perfect for anyone wanting to learn ASL.
PLEASE EMAIL ALL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-980-5662
Each course in the series is $75.00. There are four courses in the series.
Signing Online was created for people who wish to learn ASL but have little or no access to instructors or require curriculum for hybrid classes. People who have taken the course include:
- New signers and those with a desire to explore another language
- Any Sign Communicators looking for a refresher on ASL grammar
- high school and college students with permission from their school
- Parents, Sunday School teachers, and people in service industries
- Those working with deaf and hard of hearing students
- Health care professionals emergency first responders, and law enforcement
Upon completion of all four courses you will know how to greet people, ask questions, describe things, tell stories, name things, express your feelings, and more. You will have learned hundreds of signs and know how to put them together to carry on meaningful conversations in ASL.
You will be tested to confirm your performance in each course and will receive a Signing Online certificate of completion at each level (excellent for any job application or resumé).
Please refer to the VIDEO APPRAISAL tab for EXPRESSIVE ASSESSMENT opportunities.
REFERENCES tab includes the Dictionary, Baby Signs, and much more useful information!