Learning ASL Series
|Course||Enrollment||SCECHs (CEU's)||CNE (CE's)|
|Beginning ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Basic ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Intermediate ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
|Advanced ASL||$75.00||15 ($95.00)||15 ($95.00)|
The four Signing Online courses are:
- Beginning ASL (ASL 101) – learn the basics of the language and simple conversations.
- Basic ASL (ASL 102) – based on what you learned in Beginning ASL, you will learn additional vocabulary, more and more advanced conversation.
- Intermediate ASL (ASL 103) – expanded learning enables you to express and comprehend more advanced signs and finger spelling
- Advanced ASL (ASL 104) – this course ties together all that you have learned and you will now have the knowledge to enhance your fluency and continue your learning in ASL.
Signing Online offers web-based courses, designed to effectively teach you American Sign Language (ASL) at your own pace from anywhere using your computer, tablet or smart phone. These courses focus on conversational ASL and use videos to demonstrate the visual nature of signing. The courses are perfect for anyone wanting to learn ASL.
- Fulfill high school graduation requirements with Signing Online curriculum. (Please check FAQ for more information.)
- Learn to communicate with family, friends, and members of the deaf/Deaf community
- Earn continuing education credit hours. Nurse participants...please email email@example.com for survey.
Signing Online was created for people who wish to learn ASL but have little or no access to instructors or are unable to attend classes. People who have taken the course include:
- Any Sign Communicators looking for a refresher on ASL grammar
- New signers and those with a desire to explore another language
- Parents, Sunday School teachers, and people in service industries
- Those working with deaf and hard of hearing students
- Health care professionals emergency first responders, and law enforcement
Each course in the series is $75.00.
Upon completion of all four courses you will know how to greet people, ask questions, describe things, tell stories, name things, express your feelings, and more. You will have learned hundreds of signs and know how to put them together to carry on meaningful conversations in ASL.
You will be tested to confirm your performance in each course and will receive a Signing Online certificate of completion at each level. Final exams can only be opened once. Schools may arrange to have the exam proctored. Only registered Signing Online Administrators may reset the exam for a re-take. All requests must be emailed with the students user name. Indicate course level to be re-set and authorizing person and title.
Please refer to the VIDEO APPRAISAL tab for EXPRESSIVE ASSESSMENT opportunities.
REFERENCES tab includes the Dictionary, Baby Signs, and much more useful information!